Preparing Your Property for the Rental Market03/02/2017
I am always encouraging owners to make an assessment of their investment property (usually at the end of a longer-term tenancy) and upgrade or renovate where possible – particularly if the property is going to be held as an investment for some years to come. The main areas we concentrate on include:
- Recarpet or polish floorboards/seal slate.
- A fresh coat of paint can make a world of difference to tired interiors and exteriors.
- Instead of adding a whole new kitchen, simply change cupboard doors or door handles or new Laminex benches.
- Change over light fittings to more modern & ‘simple to clean’ designs.
- Remove old floral or tatty curtains & replace with neutral/beige tones or Holland Blinds.
- Tidy up gardens & lawns – remove old woody shrubs, cut back branches & re-mulch for a low care effect.
Whether you are looking to improve your investment property or you own home, we would be more than happy to offer you the names of qualified & professional trades from: Gardeners, Painters, Plumbers, and Electricians to General Handyman.